4 January 2010

Lacquer Lundi

Striaght to the pretties:

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - First Blush
- purchased at Rexall (chain drug store) for $ 1.53 CDN

It is no secret that I am not a fan of pink. But, every once in a while, I figure it wouldn't kill me to give pink another chance. Such was the case with First Blush - I decided to give it a shot. It didn't look puke-inducing in the bottle, so how bad could it be on my nails? Well, let's put it this way, when my hubby noticed my nails, he scrunched up his face and blurted, "Um...seriously?" Yep, First Blush looks like Pepto Bismol. Not.a.good.thing.

At least the formula was good. It applied nicely and moved around the nail well. It was slightly sheer, so three coats were in order. I was unable to remove this polish for two days (life got busy) and during that time, I only had tip wear.


Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day Nail Color - Dark Roses
- purchased at Shoppers (chain drug store) for $6.49 CDN

Wowza wowee wow! That is what I said when I saw Dark Roses on my nails. I have always been a sucker for red-tinged purples and Dark Roses is just that. It is deep and dark and essentially glows from within. It is exquisite and it looks amazing with my skin tone! What a nice surprise after the disappointment of First Blush (above).

The formula is great too. It flowed on the nail like a dream. I used three coats to build up a really rich colour, but two coats would have sufficed. After less than one day, I had tip wear. However, two days later, the wear had not increased appreciably.





China Glaze - Gussied Up Green
- purchased at head2toe.com for $2.99 US

Gussied Up Green is an amazing rich forest green with gold shimmer. It was part of China Glaze's Fall 2008 Rodeo Diva Collection, which was, in my opinion, one of the best collections to come out in the last several years. There is not a single colour that I don't like in the whole shebang.

I needed two easily applied coats for complete opacity and the removal of any streakiness. I had only minor tip wear after one day.

8 comments:

Jen said...

okay, I'm buying Dark Roses today ASAP....I just adore it.

amber said...

I'm guessing you won't be shocked when I say that I think First Blush is really pretty. ;)

gwensews said...

I LOVE Dark Roses. Definitely going to buy that one tomorrow.

Chris said...

My vote goes to Gussied Up Green...love it! But then again I love green!

Carol said...

I love the Gussied Up Green, but then I always love green. Plus I was just rereading a Shirley Maclaine book at the weekend and Irma La Douce is in my mind.

EmilyKate said...

Ooooh, Dark Roses, polishLUUUUUURVE!

Summerset said...

That Dark Roses polish is beautiful!!! What a perfect color!

She Says said...

I'm adding Dark Roses to my shopping list.