28 December 2008

So, How'd I Do?

Well, it's that time of year again. Time to cast an eye back to the past 12 months and see where I've been. So here are the highlights:

* This year, I sewed up 96 garments - everything from fully tailored suits to tank tops.

* I used up 162 m (177 yd) of fabric in my garment sewing.

* I took second place in the Timmel 2008 SWAP Contest, with my Jackie Kennedy inspired wardrobe. I still can't believe that I was chosen in amongst so many beautiful entries.

* I am the master of the bound buttonhole due to the above SWAP - I could make 'em before, but now I own them.

* I survived a severe loss of sewing and blogging mojo and I am on the road to recovery.

So, it's time to look forward to another new adventure...Hello, 2009!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

That gold dress is GORGEOUS!! Is it your pattern or something I can reproduce? :) :)

NancyDaQ said...

OMG--96 garments!! I need to get busy.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

For someone who lost their sewing mojo during 2008, you sure managed to produce a lot of garments! And not just some easy and simple to sew garments - no you've got to go and make prizewinning garments!!! :)

Personally, I am glad you are back to blogging! I've missed your voice and seeing your amazing projects!!!

Dawn said...

Ditto what Carolyn said! I've missed reading your amazing posts!

Dana said...

96 garments? I'm speechless, I mean writeless!

Great job, glad your back!

pam said...

96 garments!!! Maybe I can hurry up and finish something by tomorrow, so I can say I finished 3!

Mardel said...

96 garments and a loss of sewing mojo! Wow! But is good to see that you are getting back in the groove. Happy 2009

Sigrid said...

It's a lot, 96 garments! Glad to see you back, have a very good 2009!

Summerset said...

Yay! Someone who sewed more garments than me (even if it is only by 7 or 8, depends on if I get that top done!). Seriously, you've done a tremendous job. I remember drooling over your SWAP - absolutely marvelous.

Vicki said...

Wow, 96 garments! No wonder you lost your mojo - you needed a rest :) Best wishes for 2009

Ann Made Studio said...

You deserve an A+. That is allot of great sewing!
Wish you sew just as much in the New Year!
Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

WOW! 96 garments. You obviously show us but a fraction!

Barbara said...

Inspirational work, and such beautiful garments. And OK you own bound buttonholes, what method do you use and what are your tricks?

And thank so much for sharing your gorgeous pictures and dogs too.

Tany said...

I'd say you did an EXCELLENT job during 2008!! Keep them coming!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.