13 December 2007

I am Weak

Okay, so you all knew it was coming. Here's the scenario. Fabric Mart sends out a notice that the whole website is on sale at 20% off. I tried to ignore the email. I tried not to look. I tried to be good. I tried not to add anymore fabric to my overflowing fabric cupboard.

Um, yeah - who am I kidding? I am weak in the face of a fabric sale. Especially when two TDF fabrics that I have been drooling over for the last few days are part of the sale. So, here's the damage:

Gor-gee-ous Double Faced Camel in Plaid
- I envision an amazing reversible coat a la Jackie Kennedy. I thinking of using the pattern shown - I adore the version with the ties at the neck and the patch pockets.

















A-maz-ing Cashmere/Angora/Wool Blend in Chestnut - I want to make view B or view C of the vintage pattern shown below. So pretty!



















Hey, what's two more pieces of fabric at this point?

14 comments:

Summerset said...

Mmmm . . I like them both. I have M5336, too, and really like V. B because of the cool pockets.

Cherie said...

Your new fabric - great quality in your colors. Love the Jackie coat. That cashmere blend is wonderful. I'd just call it "investment dressing"!

Vicki said...

Good choices! I was admiring that camel check one this morning but decided that the weight would be a bit much and the postage and then maybe the customs.....
So I am glad you got some. A coat would be perfect.

007gurl said...

We are all weak when it comes to fabric! Great choices.

Elaray said...

Oooooooo! That double faced wool is fabulous!

Sigrid said...

BEAUTIFUL, really great fabrics. Love the cashmere fabric especially. The patterns you chose are wonderful too.

Emily said...

I admit that I was weak to the Fabric Mart sale as well... gorgeous choices!

Tany said...

Love your fabrics and I can't wait to see both the models made from them! I don't have online fabric shopping in Portugal so it's a lot easier to "play strong" when my limited space is already overflowing!

Mary said...

Your choices are fab! Can't wait to see them made up.

I ordered from FM last week, so I was able to pass on the sale, but I'm kicking myself...

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Well at least you went for the good stuff! *LOL* I added more of the wool crepes and Anna Sui silks for lining fabrics and then got some of the silk charmeuses because I am on this quilted fabric ala Chanel kick! I am doing my last hurrah end of the year fabric shopping. I am sure that the pieces you purchased will make awesome garments!

CraftRage said...

Ohhh! I shouldn't have clicked on that link to Fabricmart. Ohhh!

Anonymous said...

Life is too short not to have really great fabrics!!

angie.a said...

Beautiful fabrics...and Cripes! I forgot to change my email preferences at FabricMart when I switched ISPs!! I probably needed to miss a sale though, LOL!

Anonymous said...

MMM that chestnut cashmere blend is mouthwatering. It's just as well I live in England. I spend enough on eBay fabric as it is LOL!