22 July 2012

The Taming of the Arse

So, you may be asking, how's that whole 'lose weight/eat healthier/ exercise more' thing going?

Well, I'd be lying if I said I was where I had hoped to be by mid July way back when I started this journey on January 1st.  Last we spoke, I had dropped nine pounds and was feeling much better.

Since then, I have had a few set backs.

My professional life was very stressful during April, May and June (let's just say that teachers are often taken for granted by many).  About that time, I noticed that I was becoming a bit obsessed over the whole food thing (not eating disorder level obsession, but rather just a smidgen too focused on every label, calorie and gram - a focus that I can't hope to maintain long term).  So,  I decided to take a step back and reassess my priorities and figure out how to go about getting healthier in a way that I can carry on over the course of my lifetime.  I don't want any quick fixes, but rather long term attitude changes.

Unfortunatley, I became too lackadaisical and my quantity of exercised decreased.  However, my food habits didn't deteriorate completely, so in the end I only gained back two of the nine pounds I had lost.

The last two weeks I have been able recommit myself to a healthier lifestyle and I have been increasing the exercise and cleaning up the eating.  So, I am hoping to shed the last few pounds by the end of the year.  Slow and steady and maintainable is my new mantra.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - balance is hard to maintain especially where there are "outside" stressors!

Cecilia

Judith said...

As a fellow teacher I fully understand where you are coming from!!! The end of the year will be here before you know it and you will be minus those last few pesky pounds...

✿ Judith
made by J

Anonymous said...

As a life-long yo-yo myself, I'm just so pleased that you limited your regain to just 2lb. Onward and downward with the rest! I'm sure many of "the silent majority" are willing you to suceed......at the pace you choose.
Very kind regards
Juliet

pdiddly said...

if its any consolation I wanted to be at my wedding date target around now and I haven't got there so I understand completely - I now only have 10 months to get my act together.

Kelley said...

I'm glad you're still posting about it, though. I really need to embark upon my own journey. Love the name you have given yours. You strike me as such a gorgeous, down-to-earth person. I'm sure your kids love you.

gMarie said...

So happy to see you! I'm back on this wagon in a sustainable way as well. Thanks for the reminder. g

Here's the Thing said...

Totally off topic, but no more lacquer? I always enjoyed your Lacquer Lundi, but I noticed in your recent posts there was no lacquer at all on you *gasp* not even the obligatory navy on the toes. ;)

Lisa Laree said...

You and me both. Only I gained back about 6 of the 10ish I lost.

Oy. Time to refocus. And like you, I don't want a quick fix but a lifestyle change.

It just takes so much energy to do it and stay consistent with it until it becomes habit...

nick said...

You'll find best workboot guide. best-workbootsguide must have redwinglogging bootsfor all your logging needsBest Thorongood boots

آدم said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الصراصير بالرياض
شركة مكافحة الفئران بالرياض
شركة مكافحة البق بالرياض
شركة مكافحة النمل الاسود بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض