The gorgeous Trudy (who, by the way, I have decided that I'm going to look like in my next life - c'mon reincarnation), of Sewing with Trudy, has awarded me the Kreativ Blogger Award. Mucho gracias!
The requirement for acceptance of this award is the posting of seven things you don't already know about me.
1. I am very particular about what I eat. So, much so, that my best friend has created "Shannon's Food Phobia List." The list includes such gems as "do not mix meat and fruit - lemon chicken is gross", "it ain't dessert unless it contains chocolate" and "raisins are disgusting because they look like squishy, headless bugs." There are actually upwards of 25 rules on the list, but I'll spare you.
2. I was in several musicals while in high school. If you were in SW Ontario in the mid to late 80s, you may have seen me in such productions as Pippin or Little Shop of Horrors. And let's just say that Jesus Christ Superstar would not have been the same without Leper #2.
3. I hate situations that involve unknowns. Calling a customer service line to speak to a stranger or being the first person through the door into a new restaurant can strike fear into my heart. Once I have had a certain experience and know what to expect, then I'm completely at ease and can do it over and over from there on out. Yep, I'm a freak.
4. I dislocated my knee during university playing coed softball. The entire lower half of my left leg was turned at a 90 degree angle from normal. It's the only time I have ever had an ambulance ride and the paramedics wouldn't even turn on the sirens for me. And I asked so nicely. Sheesh!
5. I was the reigning beer chugging champion during much of grad school. No one, male or female, could down a glass of beer as fast as I could. Doesn't that make me sound sec-say?? The irony is that I rarely ever drink now - I think I had a glass of wine during the summer of 2007, but my memory is fuzzy.
6. If I had to choose another profession, I think I'd have a hard time deciding between a gemologist, an architect or an archeologist.
7. When I get tired and slap-happy, my sense of humour devolves to that of a 12 year old boy. During these times, the use of words like "balls", "jugs" or "probe" is pretty much guaranteed to make me collapse into fits of giggles. I guess I'm just a classy broad!
I am now supposed to nominate seven other bloggers for this award. But, I can't choose just seven - I like way more people than that. So, let's try something else. If you were born in a month ending in "-ber", then I nominate you.