21 September 2007

Vogue 8258

Pattern: Vogue 8258 (view A)












Size: V8258 comes in sizes S (8-10), M (12-14) & L (16-18) - I made size S.

Fabric: Brown/green/purple silk burnout velvet from Fabricland left over from this dress.









Project Photo:
Comments: I have made up this pattern twice before and I liked it very much. It is a simple little jacket that is so easy top pop on over a tank top and look pulled together. Both previous versions were of the shorter variety. This time I decided to attempt the longer view. I wanted something that would fit into a transitional fall wardrobe - lighter in weight but darker in colour and this left over piece of fabric fit the bill.

I used burnout silk velvet for the body of the jacket and brown velvet ribbons for the three bow closures at the front. I enjoy the juxtaposition of elegant, dressy fabrics and notions with relatively simple, casual designs.

Conclusion: I love how flowy and elegant this jacket is when being worn. It is light and comfortable and will be perfect for work. I can certainly see other versions in the future.

6 comments:

Vicki said...

You are making good use of this pattern! This one is another winner.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Thank goodness you posted! I was getting ready to send the Mounties out to see if your students had tied you to a chair in your classroom & weren't letting you out! :) Oh gosh, you are just making me want this pattern...if you make it up in a sweater knit I am done for! *LOL* As usual it is an absolutely stunning garment!

NancyDaQ said...

I never would have noticed this pattern if you hadn't posted about it on your blog. Each version looks different than the last, and all are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty jacket and it looks so good with your coloring. A job well done. Congratulations!

Tany said...

It's lovely! The pattern is beautiful but what I love the most is the fabric! It certainly stands out! Very well done, Shannon!

Summerset said...

Great use of an unusual fabric! Perfect for chillier days at school.