27 August 2012

SWAP, SWAP, SWAPing Along

Where have I been for a month?  Sewing, sewing and sewing (and sewing!).  I have been going great gangbusters in the sewing room.  My mojo is back and it has been demanding that I sew.  I have learned to never question the mojo, so I have been following orders.

Since we last spoke, I have created 31 garments associated with my SWAP.  As many of the patterns are new to me, in many cases I made a wearable muslin (or two) to tweak the fit and then sewed up the real deal.  I did all the muslins in fabrics that coordinate with this SWAP (or another SWAP that I am already planning for winter), so I now have a ton of new wardrobe additions for the start of the school year (which happens in one week - eek!).

Needless to say, I have a butt load of SWAP garment goodness to show you.  Just gotta dust off the camera and slap on some make up.  So, stay tuned...


17 comments:

pdiddly said...

wow that's a lot of sewing - look forward to seeing the pictures

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Oooooweeee, I can't wait to see the pictures! I knew that was where you were ~ sewing up a storm in that beautiful sewing room of yours! Glad you had a great month and I hope this school year is better than last year!!!

shams said...

Yowza!!!

BeaJay said...

Wow - 31!!! I am stuggling to get through one... Can't wait to see the pics.

Ann said...

I can hardly wait to see what you have sewn. You have really been attached to you sewing room.

T. Sedai said...

Wow. So much sewing! I will be very excited to see your SWAP garments - the plans looked great and I bet you will get a ton of use out of your new wardrobe.

Vicki said...

Looking forward to see what has come out of that sewing room :)

Trudy said...

Wow! Can't wait to see them.

M-C said...

That's not a typo right, an average of one every 2 days?!? Wow. Photos pleeeeease :-)..

Linda L said...

Looking forward to seeing the photos. You have been busy

Joyce in NC said...

I am very much looking forward to seeing your SWAP pieces. WOW - 31 new pieces!

Julie Culshaw said...

wow, 31 pieces! can't wait to see your pictures.

Mary Sarah said...

I can't wait to see you new wardrobe!!!

Lorraine said...

I was wondering if you ever finished sewing your SWAP? At least some of them. I love your choice of patterns and would love to see them made up. Or did life overtake you like it does so many of us? Let us know if they're someplace like Pattern Review where I could go see them. You do a lot of cute clothes. And I have enjoyed reading about your sewing adventures. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

miss your blogging

Unknown said...

Time to give it up.

patsijean said...

It is 2015 now and you are still missed, at least by me. I hope to read your posts again soon.