last post, I showed you the progress on my sewing room. Since then, the flooring has been installed.
I chose to go with cork flooring that coordinates with the red oak hardwood found throughout the rest of the second floor. I have a few knee and back issues that crop up if I stand on a hard floor for too long. The cork is a remedy to this potential pain.
Cork is a so much nicer to stand on for long periods rather than tile or hardwood - it cushions achy bones and muscles like a dream. And since I didn't want carpeting in my sewing room (trying to vacuum stray threads out of carpeting is a royal PITA), cork was the obvious choice. The bonus is that it is very aesthetically pleasing as well.
The cork comes in strips that click together very easily (similar to many laminate floorings on the market). It was such a quick installation that the builder was able to complete my entire sewing room, including the fabric closet, in less than a day. Talk about instant gratification.
Below are pictures of the installed floor. Unfortunately, not only is the floor dirty from the installation, but the lighting was not on my side when I snapped the pics. However, it still gives you an idea of how the cork looks on the floor. Now all the room needs is trim, a door and the proper light fixtures.
Much has been done throughout the rest of the house (inside and out) since we last spoke. Below is a picture of the house front as of yesterday. The outside of the actual house body now only needs a tiny bit of siding, a few lights, the front door and eaves troughs. The septic system and geothermal heating/cooling is supposed to be installed during this coming week. Then the land can be filled in around the house, graded and seeded.
It is really starting to come together and look like the house I have envisioned in my head for the last several years. I really feel like it is turning into a home for us now. At any rate, we move in on July 29th, so it's 19 days and counting...