19 July 2010

Lacquer Lundi

Everybody remembers the colours of the visible spectrum (rainbow), right?  Say hello to ROY G. BIV.


Behold the pretties:

Zoya - Nidhi
- purchased at spaboutique.ca for $9.00 CDN

Nidhi is from Zoya's Summer 2010 Sparkle collection and sparkle it does.  It is a gorgeous warm red with gold microglitter.  Although I'm not normally a big fan of red polish, I am a big fan of sparkle (I think I was a magpie in a prior life), so Nidhi has won me over. 

Nidhi applied wonderfully (as have all Zoya polishes that I have ever used).  It covered beautifully in two coats due to excellent pigmentation (just be sure to add a shiny top coat to really bring out the sparklies in this polish).  It also wore well.  I had this polish on for five days and only suffered tip wear - no chips or peeling in sight.  Wonderful!



Zoya - Gwin
- purchased at spaboutique.ca for $9.00 CDN

Gwin is one of the offerings in Zoya's Spring 2010 Reverie collection.  It is a luscious orange base with copper iridescence.  It is absolutely stunning on the nail, as it positively glows from within. I know the colour orange is not for everyone, but if you're like me, you will be smitten with this one.

Gwin flowed on smoothly and moved around the nail easily.  I only needed two coats to completely remove all bald spots.  I actually could have been done with one coat if I had been more careful, as the pigmentation of this polish is superb.  Gwin wore well - only tip wear after two days.  (P.S. Sorry for the war wound on my middle finger - I did battle with a cheese grater and lost).


Joe Fresh Style - Butter
- purchased at Zehrs (chain grocery store) for $3.33 CDN

Butter was like almost every other yellow polish that I own.   It drew me in with its colourful siren song, then wapped me up side the head with its streakiness.  Ah well, it's a small price to pay for such a pretty pastel yellow hue.

Butter had a good consistency - not too thick, not too thin.  However, as stated above, it was streaky during application, requiring three coats to even out any thin areas.  It did wear well though - only minor tip wear after two days.




Spa Ritual - Optical Illusion
- purchased at spaboutique.ca for $12.00 CDN

Optical Illusion, from Spa Ritual's Kaleidoscope collection, is an amazing polish on so many levels.  It has a very unusual swampy green base, packed with bits of gold and bright green/teal microglitter (I love me some weird colours).  In addition, all Spa Ritual polishes are Big 3 Free and completely vegan and cruelty-free.  Unfortunately, they are a bit pricey.

Optical Illusion flowed on perfectly, due to the excellent consistency.  It did require three coats, but the coats were thin and so they dried quickly.  It also wore well - only tip wear after three days.  I love this polish and I will certainly be adding other Spa Rituals to my stash.


Zoya - Charla
- purchased at spaboutique.ca for $9.00 CDN

Wow, wow, wow!  What more can I say about this amazingly gorgeous polish?  To say that this polish is stunning doesn't quite do her justice.  Charla is a deep, rich teal, jammed with gold microglitter that positively shimmers on the nail.  When I wore this polish, many people grabbed my hand and stared at Charla in awe.  I love this polish so much I would put it in my top three choices.

Charla applied nicely and was mostly opaque in two coats (I did three for perfect coverage and an extra depth of colour).   It also wore well - only tip wear after two days.


Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - Indigo
- purchased at Rexall (chain drug store) for $ 1.52 CDN

Indigo is another of my beloved Xtreme Wear polishes (in the past, I have gushed over the fabulous colour options, the amazing wide brush, the excellent formula and the awesome low price).  Indigo is a dark purply-blue polish with a glowy metallic-like finish.  It is quite a dark navy without reading as black.

Indigo applied nicely and moved around the nail well.  It required two coats for complete coverage - with a more careful application, I likely could have gotten away with just one coat, but I wanted to eliminate any bald spots.  Indigo wore well - only tip wear after four days.



Milani - Totally Cool
- purchased at Superstore (chain grocery store) for $4.99 CDN

Totally Cool is a really pretty polish with its reddish-purple jelly-like base and  coppery/purple microglitter. This is the kind of purple that always catches my eye, so I really like this polish.

Totally Cool applied nicely, but it did require three coats for opacity due to the sheerness.  It wore reasonably well - I had tip wear after two days.

10 comments:

Rose said...

Pretty colors! I'm glad that you are back with "Lacquer Lundi".

Biba said...

You've picked awesome shades!

Too bad that Milani Totally Cool is so sheer. And it also stained my nails red! :S

Sassy Jen said...

Ahh my old friend ROY G. BIV!

That Zoya Gwin is calling my name. I'll check this out definitely.

Megan Harmeyer said...

Great colors!! Charla is, of course, my favorite, but a close second in this collection is a tie between Nidhi (red is my fave) and Gwin (that color is all sorts of gorgeous). Thanks for sharing. :)

Carol said...

Yeah, the yellow sucks me in as well. It's very nice.

denise@thebluegardenia.com said...

My favorite is Butter.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

That Optical Illusion is, like, my FAVORITE color you've shown. I have expensive taste.

Marty's Little Corner said...

My eyes are welling up with tears as I read your blog tonight. It is so very hard to say goodbye to our fur-babies. I'm holding mine a little closer knowing that one day he will cross that bridge into eternal life. Sending heartfelt hugs your way. From my own experiences in losing 4 fur-babies over the years, it does get a little easier over time.

Summerset said...

Love that green - very different. You don't see many avocado green sparkly nail polishes. It looks fab on you, but as much as I like it, it would probably look weird on me.

Tracey H said...

We always remember it by Richard of York gave battle in vain. But I'm from England so this probably means nothing to you!!