11 March 2009

A Couple of Cozies

This winter was one of the coldest, nastiest, snowiest winters that I can remember in a long time. It was a winter made for hot chocolate and snuggling under mounds of blankets. Unfortunately, since I couldn't hibernate all winter long, I needed some warm sweaters to throw on when the mercury dropped.

The first sweater is a tunic made using a maple coloured boucle knit from Timmel Fabrics. It was a perfect match for the Loes Hinse Cowl Neck Top pattern. The second sweater is a cardigan made from a lovely teal boucle knit fabric from Fabricland, a local chain store. It was made from a shortened version of the Loes Hinse Sweater Coat pattern. Both sweaters were comfy, cozy and easy to wear - a huge win in my book!

ETA: I have been asked about the closures on the teal sweater coat. I used four large silver sew on snaps (the largest I could find - size 10 - about 2 cm in diameter). The snaps are spaced approximately 15 cm apart starting at the top and they extend down to just below the waist.







In other news, you could have bowled me over with a feather today when I read Audrey's blog. Apparently, Elizabeth Joyce (an Australian Stitches reader) recommended my blog along with the blogs of Audrey, Tany and Trena in a recent issue. This can be found in the Internet sites feature in Volume 16 Issue 11 (pictured to the left). There is a nifty little write-up and a picture for each blog. To be grouped in with these other fabulous seamstresses is a real honour.

So, a heartfelt thank you to Elizabeth!

7 comments:

gwensews said...

Congratulations! I must find this magazine now.

Vicki said...

How exciting is that!? Well deserved.

Your sweaters look very cosy indeed.

Alex said...

Congrats on getting some well deserved recognition!

Claudine said...

Wow, congratulations! That's wonderful. Lovely sweaters, too.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I love the shortened version of the Loes Hinse sweater coat...a pattern that I have with lots of sweater knits for and never thought to shorten it! What kind of closures did you use on it?

Congrats on the acknowledgement. It is well deserved!

Tany said...

It was quite a surprise when I found out that half way around the world someone recommended Couture et Tricot on a sewing magazine! Sue (http://quiltsewsewsue.blogspot.com/) was very kind and sent me an exemplar of the magazine!

Unknown said...

I love the blue sweater - it's lovely. I too would love to know what closures you used.

I was very surprised to pop over here today and see you are blogging again. So glad to have you back. g