The photos above are pictures from the last time my husband & I vacationed up north (in the Muskoka region of Ontario). This is one of the many beautiful, natural, breathtaking regions that can be found in Canada.
I am proud to be a Canadian for so many reasons:
- The bravery shown by hundreds of thousands of Canadian soldiers in WWI, WWII and in peacekeeping missions all over the globe today.
- The tolerance for others, evidence by the Underground railroad (I live 15 minutes from this historic site), same sex marriage and multiculturalism (there are more than 200 ethnic origins represented in Canada).
- The sheer number of funny Canadians - Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Jim Carrey, Michael J. Fox, Phil Hartman, Eric McCormack, Lorne Michaels, Rick Moranis, Mike Myers, Leslie Neilson, William Shatner and Martin Short, to name a few.
- Canadian humanitarians, Terry Fox and Rick Hansen.
- Canadian inventors - Alexander Graham Bell, Joseph-Armand Bombardier, George Klein, James Naismith, P. L. Robertson and Gideon Sundback, among others.
- Canadian doctors and researchers - Frederick Banting, John Callaghan, Tommy Douglas and Jeanne Mance; if not for them, the world would be filled with more suffering.