15 May 2007

Dresses

Nothing can beat a good dress. Talk about easy dressing - pop it on, slap on a great pair of shoes and you're good to go. What's not to like about that? I could live in dresses all spring and summer long, so one of my goals this year is to augment my dress wardrobe. I need classic, tasteful dresses for work and here are a few of my favourites (pictures and descriptions are from Nordstrom.com):

Theory "Lilabeth W" Dress - $375

Eyelet A-line is simply styled with an elasticized scooped neck and cap sleeves.

cotton








BCBG Max Azria Stretch Shirtdress - $180

Fabric belt nips a crisp, buttoned shirtdress with puff sleeves and pleated pockets.

cotton/nylon/spandex








Carilyn Vaile "Hepburn" Dress - $172

Soft stretch jersey dress is shaped with cap sleeves, a paneled waist and a gently pleated skirt.

nylon/lycra








Eileen Fischer Surplice Tank Dress - $238

Empire-waist dress with surplice front and full A-line skirt is cut from a light stretch blend.

rayon/nylon/spandex








Jones New York Signature Linen Wrap Dress - $129

Contrast piping highlights a notch-collar dress with genuine wrap construction, secured with a sash for emphasis.

linen








Shoshanna Eyelet Dress - $340

Embroidered eyelet shirtdress is styled with puffed cap sleeves and a pintucked bib placket.

cotton








Kay Unger Cap Sleeve Dress - $348

Solid knit bodice flatters above a woven floral skirt, pleated for volume. A nonadjustable bow adds a pretty finish.

polyester/rayon bodice, cotton/silk skirt








Eliza J Dot Jersey Dress - $98

Solid trim emphasizes the lines of a knit dress, colored with an eye-popping print. Keyhole neck closes with a single fabric-covered button.

polyester/spandex







Ebby by Farinaz Taghavi Kimono Tie Back Dress - $138

Surplice neckline and gathered inset waist shape a jersey knit dress with full kimono-inspired sleeves.

rayon/spandex








Nanette Lepore "Ciao Bella" Lace Dress - $395

Sheer eyelet shapes a feminine dress, styled with a collar, cap sleeves and ribbon trim.

cotton/polyamide








These choices just confirm for me a few things I already knew:
  1. I love a good A-line silhouette - it helps disguise a large booty.
  2. I love a full skirt - see 1 for the explanation.
  3. I love a fitted empire silhouette - one of my best assets is a small waist, I don't want to engulf it in a maternity top look.
  4. I love eyelet, the shirtdress, the kimono style and small cap sleeves this season.

5 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

So how many of these styles are you thinking about duplicating?

Tany said...

Your choices are to die for! Love the jackets & dresses styles!

MéLisa said...

Wow thanks for posting all of these. I really like the Eileen Fischer Surplice & Jones New York Signature Linen Wrap dresses. I think that I will be wearing more skirts & dresses now that we are moving from the freezing North to the South West. I will have to keep these in mind….

Summerset said...

Very cute dress! There's lots of good ideas there!

Anonymous said...

I must make up something like the Eliza J dot dress, its perfect. Any suggestions for a suitable pattern? I haven't found any yet.