17 May 2007

Coats

I just can't stop browsing Nordstrom.com. Too much inspiration, too little time. Carolyn asked me the $64 000 question: how many of these styles will I be knocking off. The answer involves a short lesson on the theory of relativity as I will need to actually bend space and time to find enough hours in the day to sew all these garments. I hope to turn out at least a couple of these babies over the next little while, but who knows - major creativity will likely have to wait until the beginning of July when I am finally off for summer vacation.

Anyhoo, I have a few more gems to share with you. I have a major infatuation with coats. I wish I had a different coat for every outfit - unfortunately, I don't sew enough of them. Now, to be honest, half the time, I can't tell the difference between a jacket and a coat (is there a rule?), but this enigma just adds to their appeal.

Nanette Lepore Bell Sleeve Knit Coat - $430

Beautifully detailed coat is styled with a rounded Peter Pan collar, three-quarter bell sleeves and an Empire waist with front pleating detail.

cotton








MARC by MARC JACOBS Shantung Twill Coat - $628

Gorgeous three-quarter-sleeve coat is styled with a Peter Pan collar, covered-button closure and a contrasting polka dot lining. The inset waist hides two small pockets, and two larger front pockets finish the look.

silk







Guess by Marciano Topstitched Walking Coat - $98

Bright stitching adds contrast to a button-front jacket with patch pockets and a decorative side-to-back belt.

cotton/nylon







Cynthia Steffe "Darling" Trenchcoat - $550

Embroidered yellow squares pattern a fitted, double-breasted trench coat shaped with a high waist and full three-quarter sleeves.

cotton









Michael Kors Dogstooth Jacquard Wool Coat - $2395

no description - it is a preorder for Fall 2007

wool








Dolce and Gabbana Double Breasted Double Crepe Car Coat with Belt - $3795

no description - it is a preorder for Fall 2007

wool








Burberry London Single Breasted Wool & Cashmere Coat - $1695

no description

wool/cashmere








Burberry London Three Quarter Trapeze Coat - $725

no description

cotton








Burberry London Belted Spring Check Trench - $895

no description

polyester








Blumarine Double Breasted Coat with Beaded Collar - $2800

no description

cotton pique








A few observations:
  1. For the most part, I have some damned expensive taste in coats!
  2. I love a good trench.
  3. I love traditional coat shapes, with a twist

5 comments:

Summerset said...

Mmmm - I like a lot of those! Especially the the black one with all the topstitching, the yellow one and the red one. If I were going to the trouble of making this style of coat, I'd make it a stand out, and all of these are!

Tany said...

I second Summerset and that black coat with the topstitching is my favorite too!

Very inspiring!

ifthisistuesday.wordpress.com said...

Thanks for putting up the coat pictures. I love the black one, so I...ordered it. Ooops.

You can't sew everything, after all.

Marji said...

I"m loving all the inspiration pics you are putting up.
Especially the coats. ummm, how many coats can a woman who lives where it is +90F 3 to 4 months a year really use?

NancyDaQ said...

I love the sensibilities of Nanette Lepore and Tracy Reese. What great tops!