26 November 2006

Party Time

My husband's work Christmas party is next Friday & I have started work on a dress to wear to the event. Each year it is semi-formal - a ball gown is too much & jeans are too little. So, I settled on what I think is a happy medium. I have had this burnout velvet in my stash for a little over a year & I bought this vintage 60s A-line dress pattern on eBay a few months ago. I think they make a nice match. I will also be making tank dress to go underneath the velvet (for obvious modesty reasons). I have some plum crepe matte jersey that is a shade of purple that I cannot normally wear near my face. However, when it is placed under the velvet, the colour is muted down to the point where it is acceptable. Here's hoping the velvet plays nice when I start to sew it.

No comments: