12 July 2010

Lacquer Lundi

It's been a while since I have done a Lacquer Lundi post and I miss sharing my polish adventures.  So, there's no time like the present to get back in the saddle.


Behold the pretties:

GOSH - Peachy
- purchased at Shoppers (chain drug store) for $6.00 CDN

Peachy is exactly that, peachy.  It is a juicy, saturated medium coral creme that just looks like summer to me.  Although, I'm not a fan of the peach fruit (the first time I ever got drunk was on Peach Schnapps - yeah, I know, real classy, but hey, it was the 80s - now the smell of peaches makes me horribly nauseous), I still really like this colour. 

Peachy applied nicely, due to a not too thick, not too thin consistency.  It covered well in two coats and dried quickly.  It wore well, with only tip wear after one day.




Essie - Wacky Wicked
- purchased at Rachelle's (beauty salon) for $0.50 CDN

I admit I bought Wacky Wicked simply for the name, but when I put it on, I was smitten.  Wacky Wicked is deep, rich burgundy with a gorgeous gold shimmer that makes the polish come to life.  It is a perfect vampy red.

Wacky Wicked applied wonderfully and covered opaquely in two coats.  It dried quickly.  It also wore well, with only minor tip wear after three days.






Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear - Green With Envy
- purchased at Zellers (chain discount store) for $2.99 CDN

Green With Envy is a bright spring green creme.  It is so wonderfully bright and cheerful on the nail.  It reminds of the new shoots of some plants as they push their way up out of the ground in the early spring.

Green With Envy flowed onto the nail without a hitch and covered completely in two coats.  And, can I say again, just how much I love the Xtreme wear brush?  It's the perfect width and thickness.  Green With Envy wore well, with only tip wear after two days.




GOSH - Black Passion
- purchased at Shoppers (chain drug store) for $6.00 CDN

In the bottle, Black Passion is a black base with fine silver shimmer, but on the nail, it mainly just reads as black. I'm not sure I am in love with a true black nail polish like this one.  It just reads "Herman Munster" to me (especially with the super short nails I was sporting when I wore this) and I'm not sure that's the look I'm going for.  I may try using it as a base for layering in the future - I can see livening it up with some fab glitter.

Black Passion applied nicely and covered opaquely in two coats.  It wore well, with only tip wear after three days.

8 comments:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

That Wacky Wicked is so vampy! Love it!

Biba said...

I love Wacky Wicked too!

Anonymous said...

My daughter just painted my toes in the same green. I am wondering how long I need to keep it on without breaking her heart! Let's just say, she doesn't stay in the lines!

gwensews said...

I missed your Laquer posts. You've sold me a lot of nail polish!

Karen Minturn Brown said...

How's Simon?

Summerset said...

Yay! The polish posts are back! I saw that green in Wal-mart the other and wondered if you'd reviewed it yet.

Victoria said...

The Gosh Peachy is great! You pick the best polishes!!!

Carol said...

As always, my eyes went straight to the green. It's gorgeous!