12 October 2009

Lacquer Lundi

In my last Lacquer Lundi post, I professed my love for metallic polishes. This inspired me to go through my stash and dig out some of my untried metallic polishes and give them a go.

So, on to the pretties:

GOSH - Golden Brown
- purchased at Shoppers (chain drug store) for $6.00 CDN

The name says it all: Golden brown is indeed golden brown - that is, a medium brown base with a golden shimmer. What the name doesn't say is how pretty this polish is on the nail.

Golden Brown applies beautifully - nice and smooth - and it dries quickly. The coverage is good as well - two coats to get bottle colour. The polish held up well - only minor tip wear over two days.

I wish I could get my hands on more GOSH polishes - the few that I have, I really like. Although, there is a local source for a wide array of GOSH makeup, I have only found a smattering of polish in the displays.


Orly - Glitz & Nfu-Oh - #45
- Orly purchased at Sally Beauty Supply for $5.99 CDN
- Nfu Oh purchased at fabuloustreet.com for $8.50 US

I love Orly polishes and Glitz (photo to the left) is another winner. Admittedly, the golden (with a very slight orange tinge) metallic colour may not be for every one due to skin tone. However, I am smitten.

And, just to make a good thing better, I layered Nfu -Oh #45 over Glitz (photo to the right). The base of #45 is a deep flame orange that is packed with orange flakies, that flash lime green at certain angles. It is simply stunning!

Both polishes applied nicely. I used two coats of Glitz and one coat of #45. I can't comment on the wear of Glitz alone, as I immediately applied the #45 over top. The wear of the two polishes together was resonable however, minor tip wear after two days.


Revlon - Steel-her Heart
- purchased at Shoppers (chain drug store) for $6.29 CDN

Looking for a dark charcoal metallic? Then Steel-her Heart may be the one for you. The gray trend was going strong last fall/winter season and it still appears to be a fashion force. If you haven't worn dark colours in the past, but are looking to try one, Steel-her Heart may be the one for you. It reads as dark, but not "goth" - just fashionable.

This polish applied nicely and covered opaquely in two coats. It wore well - only minor tip wear after two days. My only issue with this polish is the same issue I have with all Revlon polishes - dry time. I find Revlon polishes take longer to dry on me than most of my other polishes. I'm not sure if it's a body chemistry thing unique to me or if others have the same problem.


Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day - Boudoir
- purchased at Shoppers (chain drug store) for $6.49 CDN

Boudoir is pure brown in some lighting and olive-brown in others. However, regardless of the lighting, it is a beautiful metallic polish. Often I will change an outfit because it clashes with my polish. I didn't need to be concerned with Boudoir - it looks great with many different clothing colours - it's a real chameleon.

Boudoir applied nicely and covered well in two coats. The wear was okay - I didn't have any chips, but the tip wear was appreciable after two days.

11 comments:

gwensews said...

I love them all, but especially the browns.

Maryissewfast said...

Beautiful polishes! I am in a metallic phase right now...wearing Sally Hansens Chrome!

Jen said...

wow Shannon, I love every one. Those browns are so yummy I want one. BTW, you're not the only one with the Revlon problem, I have the same issue.

Maggie said...

I agree with the other comments...I love all of these. Not too radical and really go with lots of clothing.

Unknown said...

Okay, Shannon, enough already! Jeez. We've seen yellow nails, green nails, blue nails, brown nails, and every other color under the sun. You say you want to get right to the pretties...if so, then where are those truly awesome sewn clothes you spoiled us with? I need my new clothes fix - I'm in withdrawals! Show me some new outfits please.

Mely5862 said...

Hey Judy, try making your own. It's her blog. Go elsewhere if you don't like it.
Great job Shannon! You are amazingly talented.

NancyDaQ said...

I enjoy Lacquer Lundi! I'm not a nail polish wearer (except on my toes) so I live vicariously through Shannon's Monday feature.

Unknown said...

Oooh. Those browns are beautiful.

Summerset said...

Oh, I'm loving these metallics! Goodness, I'm loving the Lacquer Lundi posts - I look forward to Monday morning to see what you're going to show us this week.

Michelle said...

Nope, you're not the only one with the problem with Revlon. Usually what I end up doing is painting right before I go to bed. Letting it set up a little bit while watching a movie with Hubby, then letting it cure fully overnight while I'm SLEEPING so there's no risk of screwing it up - even though sometimes even then, it manages to get messed up.

However, I'm addicted to Revlon's #791 Midnight Affair - I love darks (That Steel her heart one is tempting)and was intending on finding a black or shimmery black when I stumbled across that beaut. It looks black on first glance, but its really a shimmery metallic dark dark navy/royal blue. Gorgeous!

Carol said...

I've never seen a grey like that one before, it's really lovely!