3 July 2009

Super Separates

Most of my vintage pattern stash consists of dresses. I have very few patterns for separates. So, when I was searching through my stash for the perfect warm weather skirt and top, my choices were very limited. Then I got an email from Lanetz Living heralding a 25% off sale. Realizing this was sign, I partook of the sale and grabbed up a few cute patterns (3 patterns for separates and a nifty little dress I couldn't resist). As soon as they arrive, I will be putting them to good use.



I have been stitching up a storm this past week, but I have been so busy sewing, I haven't felt much like stopping to get photos. I hope to post some pictures of my latest progress over the next few days. So, stay tuned.

12 comments:

wendy said...

I really like the collar on the advance one. Are you going to do it with the button like the illustration? :-)

Maggie said...

Nice choices, Shannon. The vintage patterns have such interesting but simple details. I like that collar too on the advance. Can't wait to see it made up, and your collection from this week. I found the vintage patterns to have great fit on armholes and necklines compared to the newer ones. I always have to adjust those areas on patterns until I found a few vintage Simplicity and McCalls that fit without alteration. Now I know why back in those days I could sew out of the envelope most of the time. And they told me it was an age thing!!!

aurelia said...

That See & Sew dress is super cute!

Anonymous said...

That dress is nifty! Perfect for summer. Keep us posted--love to see the results.

Gertie said...

Great patterns! I seldom look for separates either--I get too distracted by vintage dress patterns! Can't wait to see what you make.

Unknown said...

I like the Butterick one. That classic cut top you can do so much with.

Pam Erny said...

Great finds! I love vintage patterns.

gwensews said...

Love the top on the Advance pattern. The collar is wonderful!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Ummmm...I'm waiting...for some pics! *tapping foot...humming*

Chris said...

I had been eyeing that See & Sew pattern for weeks. I can't wait to see it. I think it's a great simple summer dress.

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

I love your polish collection. You must have a ton. I love vintage patterns. Can't wait to see.

Danielle said...

Can't wait to see your progress! those patterns are fabulous!