18 July 2007

It Was Only a Matter of Time

I have been eyeballing the offerings at Denver Fabrics for a while now. I just never quite got the perfect incentive to take the plunge. Well, this evening, a 30% off coupon appears in my inbox. So, I wandered over to take a little looksie. Silk chiffon for 30% off? In the perfect colours for a project that's been percolating in the back of my brain for months now? How could I resist? Well, I couldn't and the rest is history. So, check it out.

Remember this dress, from Vintageous, which was the inspiration for a dress in my SWAP?



















I adore this dress and my quest is to produce a blatant ripoff of it. To that end, I purchased the following two silk chiffons:













Not perfect colour matches, but pretty darn good, if I say so myself! I cannot wait to get these fabrics in my hot little hands.


In other sewing pursuits, I have many new garments to show you. All that is required is some computer time to write the blog entries. Over the next few days, I hope to show you the 3 skirts, 2 tops, 2 dresses and 1 jacket that have now made their way from my fabric closet to my clothing closet.

10 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Okay I am drooling over both the fabrics and the thought of seeing newly made garments! Bring on those blog entries and pictures...I am just sooooo excited I can't stand it!

Adrienne said...

I can not wait to see that dress! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see you make this dress - it's so beautiful!

Vicki said...

You are so cruel teasing us that way! Can't wait!!

Kitty Couture said...

Wonderful fabrics!! I cannot wait to see your latest creations - you've sure been busy!

Tany said...

I can't wait to see the dress too!

Summerset said...

That is such a gorgeous dress! How could we forget it? It will be beautiful in the chiffons you picked!

carolyndh said...

Wow, you have been busy! Can't wait to see your new creations. The dress in the green hues will be gorgeous.

She Says said...

So. Have you made this? I want to see it, she demanded.

Weaveron Textile said...

This design has navigated right into my heart.