20 June 2007

I Can See the Finish Line

Not much to post about in terms of sewing this week. My classes have their final exams, so I am a marking fiend. Over the next few days, not only do I have 86 major final exams to mark, but I also have to calculate final grades, produce report cards and volunteer at graduation. This is always such a busy, hectic time. However, looking on the bright side, I am officially off on summer break June 29th until September 4th - 9 1/2 weeks of uninterupted, blissful sewing time!!! During the summer, I hope to have a ton of new projects to post about, so stay tuned.

P.S. I have started working on Vogue 8319, so I hope to post some progress in the near future.

6 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I am just sooooo darn jealous I could spit! 9.5 weeks of uninterrupted sewing time - that would just be heaven! The last time I was off work for 9.5 weeks a small baby was involved and no sewing! :)

Can't wait for the 28th and can't wait to see what emerges from your sewing room! Good luck with the grading!!!!

Kitty Couture said...

Know what you mean about that end-of-the-year rush, Shannon! (Although I won't be having long holidays because I'm also writing my PhD... Never mind, I shall in a few years' time! Not complaining :) )

Good luck on all that grading work. Looking forward to seeing your progress on Vogue 8319. It's going to be beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Maybe putting the grading in an Excel spreadsheet would make it go faster? Don't even tell me if you already are doing this and it's not fast enough.

I can't wait to see your new creations, too!

Anonymous said...

Do you teach at a private school? It just seems really, really late to be getting out of school. My kids have been OUT a month already. Then again, they go back Aug 14!

Vicki said...

Head down and tail up and you will be into sewing in no time!! I have never had 9.5 weeks off in one go - even including having 2 babies!!

Summerset said...

Been there, done that! I totally know how you feel! Good luck with finishing it all up, the summer will be that much sweeter.