2 May 2007

SWAP Results

The winners of the Timmel SWAP were announced on Monday. The results were as follows:

1. Glam Bam Thank you Ma'am
Shannon M. - LaSalle, ON, Canada

2. Le Rouge et le Noir
Laura P. - Bucharest, Romania

3. Chasing Butterflies
Summerset B. - Northfield, NH, USA

4. Its Not Easy Being Green
Terese R. - Burlington, ON, Canada

5. Apple Pie ala Mode
Audrey Y. - Richmond, VA USA

When Julie told me I had won first place, you could have knocked me over with a feather. I actually hooted and hollered and did a little happy dance around the room. I think my husband and my dog thought it was finally time to call in professional help. I cannot tell you how honoured I am to be one of the top SWAPs chosen from amongst a group of spectacular entries. The level of sewing prowess displayed this year was awe-inspiring.

Once again, thank you to everyone that made a kind comment to me along the way and a special thanks to Julie for undertaking this contest.

10 comments:

Sharon said...

Congratulations! Your swap pieces are beautiful and it was a treat to be able to view the progress as you created them.

stacy said...

Congratulations!!

Isabelle said...

Congratulations. I just discovered your blog. Your SWAP garments are amazing and inspiring, and you fully deserved that first place. I'm a big sucker for vintage garments and full skirts in particular. You have great talent and vision.

Madame C said...

Well done! I had a look at all the Swap entries and liked yours best. I am envious of all those swingy skirts.

Swap is an inspiring idea, but as I work in a divecentre then I am trying to work out how I can make it work for me. Do you think bikinis count as bottoms and tops?

Well done again.

MéLisa said...

Congrats! It is a well deserved win. Your garments are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Summerset said...

Your SWAP is magnificent - it's something I would have made for myself! Enjoy all that new fabric - you've worked hard to earn it.

Madame C - Absolutely, a swimsuit SWAP would be very cool! You could do all sorts of different swim tops and bottoms and a cover up coat/jacket!

Laura said...

Happy birthday, Shannon!
LauraLo

Dinah said...

I knew it SHOULD be you from the pictures I saw on their site. I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

Linda said...

Congratulations! Your SWAP was interesting to follow and very impressive.

Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said...

Congratulations! You did a beautiful job, and you wear all your outfits superbly.