- I am an only child. My mother was never supposed to have children, so when I came along 9 years into my parents' marriage, I was, needless to say, a bit of a surprise. The doctor said my conception was a million to one shot. During my mother's pregnancy, my parents tossed around ideas for a name. My father, from whom I inherited the odd sense of humour, settled on Miracle. Yes, you read that right.
- When I was young, my father and I would dance around the living room with Harry Nilsson's "Coconut" blaring on the stereo. This is one of my favourite memories of spending time with my Dad.
- I am the last person in my family to carry the family name, as I will not be having children. I have never, even for a moment, had a maternal thought or instinct. I have always known that I wanted to remain child-free.
- My husband asked me to marry him on my 30th birthday. He came to my school and proposed to me in front of my class - it was very romantic. Approximately one year later, I lost the large, central diamond on my engagement ring. I tore the house and car apart looking for it. I was so distraught and upset over the loss of the diamond, that I was inconsolable for days. I was convinced that it was a bad omen (which is very odd, for me, as I don't put much belief in "fate" or "signs"). A week later, my husband went out to mow the lawn. A friend of his stopped by and he left the push mower running as they briefly chatted. When he went back to the mower to continue cutting the grass, he saw something sparkly bouncing around on top of it - my lost diamond. To this day, we cannot figure out how the diamond ended up on top of the mower - I guess getting it back was just...destiny!
- I have what my husband calls my 'seventh sense'. I can size up people and/or situations quickly. I know exactly who is lying, or BSing, scheming or plotting. I know when someone is sincere or when someone is hiding something. I am rarely surprised - even when others try to keep a secret. I always know when a situation is off or something is wrong. I've always had this ability, but I never really trusted it until I was in my early thirties. I guess with age comes the wisdom to listen to your inner voice.
29 January 2007
I got tagged again by LauraLo. So, here goes: